All enrolments are the responsibility of the Principal. Please make a time to meet and discuss an enrolment. Please phone 07 889 5306 for an appointment.
There are two categories of enrolment at St Joseph’s Catholic School, Preference and Non Preference. Preference enrolment is granted by the Parish Priest.
Criteria for Preference status includes:
1. The child is baptised Catholic
2. All other children in the family are baptised Catholic
3. One of both parents are baptised Catholic
4. A significant other is baptised Catholic (Grandparent/ Godparent)
5. Either parent is participating in the RCIA programme It is therefore necessary to make an appointment with the Parish Priest at the earliest convenient time.
The Parish phone number is 07 889 6730. If your child has not been baptised at St Joseph’s Church you will need to take a copy of their Baptismal Certificate. Once the Parish Priest has issued you a Preference card you will need to bring it to the school office. We will retain this for our records. A Preference Card is needed for each child
a) Up to 20 children with non-preference status may be on the school roll at any time.
b) Parents are able to place their child's name on a waiting list. Children will be offered placement as vacancies occur in accordance with the following guidelines;
1) siblings of existing non-preference students
2) students living within the agreed catchment area
3) children of staff members
4) students living outside the schools agreed catchment area.
The date names are placed on the waiting list will define the priority within each of the above criteria.
We look forward to meeting with you.